Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mmmm.... The Fall Baking Bug Has Bitten


After me and my husband ate all of the pumpkin chocolate chip scones yesterday I was once again craving some baking and nothing was in the house. This led me to my first self-invented recipe

Apple-Pear Muffins

1 c. rolled oats
1 c. buttermilk (or I used 1 tbsp vinegar the rest skim milk)
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. white cake flour
1 t. baking power
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. allspice
1/4 t. ground ginger
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. applesauce
1 apple diced
1 pear diced

1. Combine oats and buttermilk in a small bowl

2. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and brown sugar.
3. Add oats mixture, applesauce, and fruit mix sparingly (gluten is not our friend here)

4. Pour into muffin tin. (Mine turned out best when filled level with the cup)

Optional sprinkle with oatmeal & brown sugar mix

5. Bake at 350 for 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment